Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Time for an Update!

Well, I am not sure what happened to my other blog! It just disappeared! I have cut & paste the last entry to remind myself what I was talking about!

We have been home for 11 months! What an 11 months that has been! Lots to update so here goes:
We are enjoying reconnecting with our family. We had the pleasure of attending our nep
hew, Ryan's wedding; our niece, Stephanie's wedding; going to movies, local restaurants, and taking adventures with my folks; welcoming our great-niece, Isabella into the world; Thanksgiving with our family; and Christmas in Texas! I told Roy last Christmas, after we put Eric & Lenise on the plane back to Tampa, that I was spending next Christmas in Texas! It was like we had never left! (sort of) We have reunited with our best-est of friends; Keith & Kay and Terry & Jennifer; which has been fantastic! (On a side note: Keith is stable. He struggles daily with the issues that cancer brings but he is stable. Kay is holding up well but needs your prayers too.) Coming home has been the BEST thing! Both Roy and I realize that we should have never left--Texas is where we belong. WE ARE HOME!

Roy is doing VERY well. He is enjoying his job and is well liked by his bosses and co-workers. He continues to need nurses (it's the nature of the industry) but his staff is very supportive and cooperative. He appears to be handling the constant pain well--calls it his best friend (?). There are still days he is in so much pain but God has given him the grace and tools to handle it better. He suffers so much and it just makes me so very sad! The cold of Wisconsin was WAY TOO MUCH for him and he was in constant pain. A Texas Winter has been much easier and he has suffered less. Otherwise he is so happy (finally) and content. He smiles & jokes more and enjoys the times we are with family and friends more. He is more "inter-active" with life! Happiness!!!!



I am enjoying creating for my shop. I have
expanded what I make and am learning so much! I feel my quality has increased and am very proud of my creations! Here's the address of my shop. Please visit and tell me your thoughts and opinions, ideas for what I can make, and even buy something (please?). http://itsmecheri.etsy.com
I am a member of the Etsy Texas
Crafters (ETC) and am the ETC Mini-Team Coordinator for the state of Texas. I have made many "online" friends and enjoy "working" for the first time in a long time! I do fit all the stay at home housewife stuff--laundry, cleaning, cooking, appointments & such--into my day but I do make time to create everyday! My health is doing good. I was reminded, rather quickly I might add, that I was allergic to Texas (very heavy sigh). That was a nice part about Wisconsin--everything froze and I didn't have allergy troubles. Anyway, I was allergy tested and it was confirmed--I am allergic to Texas! I take two shots every week and finally after 6 weeks, the reaction to the shots, are tapering off. It is working and I am feeling better!


We have an addition to our family since moving home. An American Foxhound named Amelia!
Why? I don't know! We got her in August--Roy said she was my birthday present--which is okay with me! We rescued her from the local animal shelter. Her family was being deployed to Iraq. She spent three weeks in the shelter then we came along to take her home! She is
VERY energetic and is bigger than any dog we have ever had. She has the SWEETEST disposition and gets along with everyone! At this writing she is 15 months old and still very much a puppy! Bailey has accepted her fairly well but she does look at me every once in a while with that "Big Sister" look of "Mom, she is such a Brat!" And Amelia can be a brat of a little sister!

Bailey still rules the roost and Amelia knows it! Bailey is doing well health-wise. We did have a scare at Christmas but that is over now. Cushing's Disease is just taking it toll on her and she is slowing down. But the good days are much more prevalent than bad days. She is still bright-eyed, interested in life, and active so we are very happy!





Eric and Lenise are doing GREAT! And they are moving to TEXAS in MAY!!!!! Eric is going to be a Basic Military Instructor at Lackland AFB in San Antonio - (a "Sargent Carter" but in the Air Force). He's gona shape-up those new recruits! Roy and I are beside ourselves with excitement!!!! Lenise is hoping to transfer to a Starbucks in San Antonio. She is an Asst. Manager now. She has spoken with several locatio
ns and they are interested. They are currently busy with all the stuff moving entails. Please pray for them so they don't become overwhelmed. Their biggest need is a place to live so please remember them in your prayers.

Well, enough for now!!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment